Hookah Tips 101
Some tips I've picked up from experience:
- There are usually only two possible problems with a bowl; it can either too clogged to allow air to pass properly or it can stick to the bottom of the aluminum foil/metal screen.
- In order to solve the problem of not enough air passing I use darts. I place these darts into the holes before I pack the shisha. That way when I remove the darts there is still a good amount of air passage to burn all of the tobacco.
- In order to resolve the sticking to the top issues you can do a few things. I found that butter works, but it tastes terribly. What I currently do is when I notice it sticking, I'll take my metal screen off, get rid of all the sticking portion and flip it so that the most burned part is on bottom.
- Cool your smoke:
If you cool your smoke it will make it appear thicker. You can do this a few ways.
- You can put ice cubes into the base.
- You can put the stem in the freezer if it allows it. (Some hookahs are especially built for this).
- Also, on a somewhat related note, milk seems to help with the thickness of smoke as well.